Careers: Open Positions
Credly helps the world recognize lifelong achievement with the most popular platforms for verifying, sharing and managing digital badges and credentials. Its enterprise-class Open Credit platform allows organizations to officially verify skills and competencies; distribute portable and secure digital credentials and open badges; and gain actionable data and insights. Thousands of education institutions, industry associations, employers and workforce developers worldwide use Credly to make achievements visible, marketable and useful.
Credly is led by an experienced and energetic team, and is backed by a widely-respected group of venture, strategic and non-profit impact investors.
The Engineering Manager will be a crucial member of the product development team. Working directly with product managers & designers, you’ll be responsible for managing a team of engineers through all phases of execution across feature development, API enhancements & infrastructure maintenance.
What you’ll do …
- Analyze technical requirements & provide estimates as part of both sprint planning & roadmap prioritization
- Work with tech leads to plan approach to project execution
- Set & manage project deadlines day to day
- Facilitate thorough testing & QA processes
- Serve as primary point of contact for in depth technical discussions with customers
- Manage team performance & individual professional development and drive hiring processes to continue to recruit the best talent
Who you are …
- You’ve been in a tech lead and/or management role for a wide variety of projects on both the front & back end
- You’re experienced in making long-term development estimates to inform a 12 to 18 month product roadmap
- You’re comfortable getting your hands dirty with the team as needed in the development process
- You have exceptional communication skills with a demonstrated ability to both set clear expectations of your team & speak fluently to engineering efforts across the business and with customers
- You’re entrepreneurial & driven, but you’re also a gifted diplomat who can influence cross-functional teams
- You’re passionate about empowering do-ers and learners to find opportunities to build new skill sets & put them to work in the real world.
What we build …
- Self-serve systems for organizations to define credentials for any type of skill set and issue them to learners, employees or members who have earned them.
- Configurable white-labeled “enterprise” implementations of credential issuing, earning and management features within a customer environment (e.g. companies, schools, associations, etc.).
- APIs and developer tools that support a growing ecosystem of external developers integrating Credly with their own products.
- Marketplaces where users can identify new credentials that are complementary to their own goals & find opportunities to use those credentials to further their career, build their network, etc.
Our tech stack …
- And more!
It’s a plus if …
- You’ve worked in small, fast-paced startup environments.
- You are familiar with the education and/or training industries.
- You have experience as a designer or product manager
This position is full-time with competitive salary, stock options, a brand new computer, and benefits plan. You may be located at our NYC headquarters or remote.
To apply …
Please ensure that your application includes the following items:
- Resume (or LinkedIn profile link)
- Sample code (i.e. Github account link), portfolio or link to your personal site
Email the above information to email@example.com
Posted on Feb 27, 2018