Careers: Open Positions
QA / DevOps Lead
Credly helps the world recognize lifelong achievement with the most popular platforms for verifying, sharing and managing digital badges and credentials. Its enterprise-class Open Credit platform allows organizations to officially verify skills and competencies; distribute portable and secure digital credentials and open badges; and gain actionable data and insights. Thousands of education institutions, industry associations, employers and workforce developers worldwide use Credly to make achievements visible, marketable and useful.
Credly is led by an experienced and energetic team, and is backed by a widely-respected group of venture, strategic and non-profit impact investors.
The QA / DevOps Lead will be a critical member of the engineering team at Credly. You’ll be working across the entire product team to ensure new releases make it to production in as flawless a state as possible.
What you’ll do …
- Analyze user stories with product managers & designers to define a QA plan
- Design & build automated front-end tests for critical product features
- Define overall testing strategy & guidelines for implementation across the engineering team
- Facilitate thorough testing & QA processes
- Own a stable deployment process across multiple AWS regions
Who you are …
- You have experience with end-to-end (E2E), unit, and integration testing frameworks
- You have excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to coordinate processes with multiple stakeholders both internal & external to the product team
- You have several years experience operating Linux cloud-based deployments (AWS preferred)
- Hands-on experience in infrastructure provisioning and configuration management tools
- Proficient in at least one programming language to automate those processes
- Capable of troubleshooting application and system issues at all levels of the stack
- Exposure in building scalable, fault-tolerant infrastructure
What we build …
- Self-serve systems for organizations to define credentials for any type of skill set and issue them to learners, employees or members who have earned them.
- Configurable white-labeled “enterprise” implementations of credential issuing, earning and management features within a customer environment (e.g. companies, schools, associations, etc.).
- APIs and developer tools that support a growing ecosystem of external developers integrating Credly with their own products.
- Marketplaces where users can identify new credentials that are complementary to their own goals & find opportunities to use those credentials to further their career, build their network, etc.
Our tech stack …
- And more!
It’s a plus if …
- You’ve worked in small, fast-paced startup environments.
- You are familiar with the education and/or training industries.
- You were an engineer or a product manager in a past life.
This position is full-time with competitive salary, stock options, a brand new computer, and benefits plan. You may be located at our NYC headquarters or remote.
To apply …
Please ensure that your application includes the following items:
- Resume (or LinkedIn profile link)
- Sample code (i.e. Github account link), portfolio or link to your personal site
Email the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Feb 27, 2018