Careers: Open Positions
Senior Legal Counsel
Senior Counsel to lead legal at a growth-stage, venture-backed company offering software and services that make life’s achievements portable, digital and verified.
Who We Are
A mission-driven team that prizes respect, hard work, humility, and transparency. Equal opportunity employer focused on creating equal opportunity for individuals through portable, data-rich evidence of achievements.
Who you are
- A no-job-too-big-no-job-too-small professional who believes in what we're doing and wants to help us scale.
- A self-driven individual with a drive to make an impact.
- A hyper-organized, super-responsive, generally on-top-of-your-stuff kind of person.
- An individual with perspective and the judgment to identify, small deals, big deals and when to escalate or handle.
- A process-focused thinker with the ability to design systems that scale.
- A quick learner willing to work without perfect information and the ability to get smart fast as new business opportunities demand.
What you'll do here
- Be "the lawyer" at Credly. Keep us out of trouble and growth-ready at all times.
- Work directly with our General Counsel on everything from commercial and partnership negotiations to intellectual property maintenance and protection to data privacy compliance to fundraising and investor relations.
- Review, draft, revise and interpret subscription/cloud, channel reseller, integrated reseller, and distribution agreements for customer and partner SaaS offerings.
- Design and execute standard processes for contracting and complying with contractual obligations.
- Design and execute data security and privacy reviews, certifications, staff trainings and compliance.
- Manage legal records.
What you know and can do (must haves)
- Earned a law degree somewhere (fancy schools are helpful; ultimately we're all about demonstrated skills, not degree & pedigree).
- Been admitted to, and maintained admission in, at least one of these United States.
- Demonstrably shined wherever you've been.
- Worked in a high-stakes environment.
- Write clearly and convincingly.
What you may know and have done (nice to haves)
- 2+ Years at a good firm.
- 2+ Years practicing “in the wild.”
- 2+ Years at a software or tech company selling products on a subscription basis.
- Expertise in data privacy and security laws and best practices.
- Solid knowledge of human resources and employment law.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary.
- Health, Vision, Dental benefits, including coverage for Dependents.
- Flexible work environment (work when and where you work best, including from our offices in New York or Minneapolis, from home or from a co-working space).
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it.
- 401(k) with Match.
- Life Insurance.
- Matching 501(c)(3) Donation Program.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and a brief statement of interest (500 words max) to firstname.lastname@example.org with SENIOR LEGAL COUNSEL in the subject line. Earned any digital credentials? We’d love to see them. Don’t have any? We can help with that.
Posted on May 13, 2018