Fundamentals in Online Education
The goals of this course are to:
- Provide a means for individuals to assess their online teaching readiness skills.
- Promote and build a common understanding of online education within SUNY and to establish common language and definitions within the Open SUNY context.
- Address scepticism, assumptions and misconceptions regarding online learning.
- Promote an understanding of the benefits and affordances of the online teaching and learning environment.
- Provide an overview of the various online pedagogies and models of online course development, faculty development that exist in Open SUNY.
- Help those interested determine if online teaching is a good fit for them.